Monday, December 27, 2010

Holiday Volunteering

Friday morning (Christmas Eve) my mom, brother and I volunteered delivering gifts to families with Forgotten Children's Fund. We got a little bit of a late start, but made up the time later in the day. We had 11 families in the South Seattle (Des Moines, Kent, Renton) area. We even drove past me friend Kaycee's townhouse...I didn't have enough time to contact her, but I recognized it as we went past.

Your Santa (Tom) had knee surgery three months prior and a sore ankle, we were hoping for bottom level apartments and not many stairs. However, he couldn't catch a break...8 out of the 11 families lived in middle or top floor apartments and the homes also had stairs. He was tired by the end of the day, but did a great job!





family pic



No you aren't dizzy...this is a pic of us in our connector bus (Thanks MS)

No comments:

Post a Comment